Building Better Business Cases
This course has been approved by PMI for 7 PDUs and by IIBA for 7 CDUs.
Describe the essential components and roles needed for an effective business case.
Explain the need for business cases.
Plan and execute the steps needed for a business case effort using a structured approach.
Define business needs through solid situation statements.
Select and use appropriate techniques for determining root cause.
Use one or more of the methods presented to formulate recommendations in a business case.
Perform cost-benefit analysis for business cases using standard financial valuation formulas.
Prepare an implementation plan and evaluation measures for a business case.
1 – Business Case Basics
- Key terms & concepts
- Benefits of a business case
- SARIE Framework for business cases
2 – Define the Situation (Business Need)
- Determine the right problem to solve or opportunity to seize
- Create a solid situation statement
3 – Analyze the Situation
- Analysis tips
- Three root cause techniques (5-Whys, Fishbone Diagram, Process Diagram Analysis)
4 – Recommend Solution Options
- Develop recommendation options based on analysis results
- Techniques (weighted ranking, risks-assumptions-constraints)
5 – Financial Analysis
- Benefit types and tips
- Cost types and tips
6 – Determine Implementation Approach and Define Evaluation Criteria
- Implementation considerations
- Plan evaluation criteria
- Prepare and present a business case
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 1 Day course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.