CompTIA PenTest+ (PenTest)
Security remains one of the hottest topics in IT and other industries. It seems that each week brings news of some new breach of privacy or security. As organizations scramble to protect themselves and their customers, the ability to conduct penetration testing is an emerging skill set that is becoming ever more valuable to the organizations seeking protection, and ever more lucrative for those who possess these skills. In this course, you will be introduced to some general concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
After completing this course, you will be able to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on penetration tests, including the ability to:
Plan and scope penetration tests.
Conduct passive reconnaissance.
Perform non-technical tests to gather information.
Conductive active reconnaissance.
Exploit host-based vulnerabilities.
Complete post-exploit tasks.
Analyze and report pen test results.
1 – Outline
- Lesson 1: Scoping Organization/Customer Requirements
- Lesson 2: Defining the Rules of Engagement
- Lesson 3: Footprinting and Gathering Intelligence
- Lesson 4: Evaluating Human and Physical Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 5: Preparing the Vulnerability Scan
- Lesson 6: Scanning Logical Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 7: Analyzing Scanning Results
- Lesson 8: Avoiding Detection and Covering Tracks
- Lesson 9: Exploiting the LAN and Cloud
- Lesson 10: Testing Wireless Networks
- Lesson 11: Targeting Mobile Devices
- Lesson 12: Attacking Specialized Systems
- Lesson 13: Web Application-Based Attacks
- Lesson 14: Performing System Hacking
- Lesson 15: Scripting and Software Development
- Lesson 16: Leveraging the Attack: Pivot and Penetrate
- Lesson 17: Communicating During the PenTesting Process
- Lesson 18: Summarizing Report Components
- Lesson 19: Recommending Remediation
- Lesson 20: Performing Post-Report Delivery Activities
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.