In this course, students will apply recognized practices of project management and understand a project’s life cycle and roles and skills necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close a project.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
Identify the fundamentals of project management.
Perform the pre-project setup.
Initiate a project.
Plan project strategies.
Develop project schedules.
Plan project staffing, communication, and quality.
Plan project risk management.
Plan project costs.
Plan project procurements.
Plan for change management and transitions.
Manage project execution.
Manage project procurement.
Control project performance.
Monitor and control the triple constraints.
Monitor project risks and procurements.
Perform the project closure processes.
1 – Exploring Project Management Fundamentals
- Examine the Basics of Project Management
- Describe the Project Life Cycle
- Examine Organizational Influences on Project Management
2 – Performing the Pre-Project Setup
- Create a Project Concept Definition Statement
- Examine Project Selection
- Determine Strategic and Operational Relevance
- Perform Project Feasibility
- Determine Technical Requirements
3 – Initiating a Project
- Prepare a Project Statement of Work
- Create a Project Charter
- Identify Project Stakeholders
4 – Planning Project Strategy
- Identify Elements of the Project Management Plan and Subsidiary Plans
- Determine Stakeholder Needs
- Create a Scope Statement
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure
5 – Developing the Project Schedule
- Create an Activity List
- Create a Project Schedule Network Diagram
- Identify Resources
- Estimate Time
- Develop a Project Schedule
- Identify the Critical Path
- Optimize the Project Schedule
- Create a Schedule Baseline
6 – Planning Human Resources, Communication, and Quality
- Create a Human Resource Plan
- Create a Communications Management Plan
- Create a Quality Management Plan
7 – Planning Project Risk Management
- Examine a Risk Management Plan
- Identify Project Risks and Triggers
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Develop a Risk Response Plan
8 – Planning Project Costs
- Estimate Project Costs
- Estimate the Cost Baseline
- Reconcile Funding and Costs
9 – Planning Project Procurements
- Plan Project Procurements
- Prepare a Procurement Statement of Work
- Prepare a Procurement Document
10 – Planning for Change Management and Transitions
- Develop an Integrated Change Control System
- Develop a Transition Plan
11 – Managing Project Execution
- Direct Project Execution
- Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
- Assemble a Project Team
- Develop a Project Team
- Manage a Project Team
- Distribute Project Information
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
12 – Managing Project Procurement
- Obtain Responses from Sellers
- Determine Project Sellers
13 – Control Project Performance
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Manage Project Changes
- Report on Project Performance
14 – Monitor and Control the Triple Constraints
- Control Project Scope
- Control Project Schedule
- Control Project Costs
- Manage Project Quality
15 – Monitoring Project Risks and Procurements
- Control Project Risks
- Managing Vendors and Procurements
16 – Performing the Project Closure Processes
- Deliver the Final Product
- Close Project Procurements
- Conduct a Closeout Meeting
- Close a Project
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.