Evolving into the Manager Role
In this course, students will learn how to confidently acquire and build these skills through relevant discussions, team and individual activities.
Private classes on this topic are available. We can address your organization’s issues, time constraints, and save you money, too. Contact us to find out how.
Describe the roles that a manager has in an organization
Identify and nurture talent in your team
Build a management vision for success
Create strategies to motivate and empower your team
Combine leadership qualities and influence skills to motivate your team
Plan and manage effective meetings
1. The Manager’s Role
- Distinguishing a Manager’s Role from Function Understanding Interpersonal, Informational, and Decision Roles
2. Building a Shared Vision
- Defining a Shared Vision Building a Strong Vision Creating and Communicating a Vision Statement Identifying Benefits of Your Vision
3. Leadership and Influence
- Identifying the Characteristics and Qualities of a Leader Modeling the Way and Enabling Others to Act Encouraging Your Inner Innovator and Mastering the Art of Persuasion Creating Mutual Respect Effectively Communicating and Reasoning with Others
4. Nurturing Talent
- Calibrating Talent Finding and Nurturing the Attributes that Meet Your Requirements Articulating Culture and Hiring for a Cultural Fit Looking to the Future – Developing and Executing a Plan Succession Planning Creating and Fostering Employee Engagement Coaching, Training, and Development
5. Delegation and Empowerment
- Working with Workgroups and Teams Delegating Progress Tracking and Reviewing Results
6. Building a Better Meeting
- Planning and Preparing a Meeting Identifying Proper Participants Creating an Agenda Evaluating the Use of Technology
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 3 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.