Expanding Your Emotional Intelligence
It’s a jungle out there! The workplace can be filled with stress, pressure, excitement, and anxiety. Emotional Intelligence (EI) is how we identify and regulate our own feelings, tune into the feelings of others and understand their perspectives, and use this knowledge to guide us toward constructive interactions. Emotional Intelligence is more than your average “soft skill”. It is essential to successful teamwork, effective leadership, and overall competence. Most of all, it is a skill that takes practice and focus to master.” The activities and discussions in this workshop will help you build the social and emotional skills that sustain positive relationships at work. These skills support everything from good management – with happier employees who take fewer sick days – to better teamwork, conflict resolution, and recovery from setbacks.
Private classes on this topic are available. We can address your organization’s issues, time constraints, and save you money, too. Contact us to find out how.
Analyze the components of Emotional Intelligence
Explain the principles of self-awareness
Implement Emotional Intelligence for better communications and first impressions
Demonstrate how to balance positive and negative emotions
Use principles of mental resilience to navigate difficult relationships and situations
1. The Origins Of EI
- Redefining Intelligence
- Introducing Emotional Intelligence
- The Benefits of EI Competence
- EI First Steps
- 5 Components of Emotional Intelligence
2. Learning The Elements Of EI
- Can you learn EI?
- Understanding EI Appraisals
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Personal and social proficiencies
- Emotional Honesty
3. The Value of Self-Awareness
- Defining the “self”
- The Physical Self
- The Emotional Self
- The Mental Self
- The Spiritual Self
4. Enhancing Your Communication With EI
- Emotions and how we perceive the world
- The Powerful First Impression
- Focused Listening
- Building Rapport and Emotional Empathy
5. Using Positive and Negative Emotions
- Building Personal Wellness
- The Gratitude Mindset
- The Power of Negative Emotions
- The Lessons of Regret
- Cultivating Enthusiasm, Confidence and Efficacy
6. Creating Balance and Authenticity with Others
- Giving In Without Giving Up
- Building Mental Resilience
- Difficult People, Difficult Situations
- Disagreeing Constructively
- Authentic Leadership
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 2 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.