Extending Your Sphere of Influence
In this course, you will learn to become proficient in the art of persuasion, selecting and utilizing appropriate styles and strategies to have the most influential effect, as well as understanding how to protect yourself from being manipulated by others.
Private classes on this topic are available. We can address your organization’s issues, time constraints, and save you money, too. Contact us to find out how.
Build workplace relationships based on mutual trust and respect
Collaborate effectively through influence and persuasion
Recognize and enhance your sources of personal power
Choose and apply appropriate influence strategies
Work with resistance to gain commitment and buy-in
1. An Influence Baseline
- Enabling Collaboration
- Facilitating Constructive Dialogue
2. Elements of Influence
- Focusing on the Outcome
- Seeing Influence as a Mental Equation
- Differentiating Influence from Manipulation
3. Power and Persuasion
- Developing and Using Power Sources
- Developing the Art of Persuasion
- Appealing to Integrity, Emotions, and Intellect
- Building Five Types of Trust
- Applying Five Principles of Influence
4. A Network of Influence
- Building a Purposeful Network
- Strategic Reputation Management
- Protecting Your Credibility
5. Applying Influence Strategies
- Adapting the Approach
- Identifying Thinking Differences
- Applying Strategies to Styles
6. Working With Resistance
- Encountering and Addressing Resistance
- Building Collaboration through Quality Dialogue
- Getting Results through Persistence and Persuasion
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 2 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.