Managing Virtual Machines with Red Hat OpenShift Virtualization (DO316)
Skills required to create, access, and manage VMs on OpenShift clusters.
Skills required to control usage and access of cpu, memory, storage, and networking resources from VMs using the same Kubernetes features that would also control usage and access to these resources for containers.
Sample architectures to manage High Availability (HA) of VMs using standard Kubernetes features and extensions from OpenShift Virtualization.
Strategies to connect VMs on OpenShift to data center services outside of their OpenShift cluster, such as storage and databases.
1 – Outline
- Create VMs from installation media and disk images.
- Access text and graphical consoles of a VM.
- Connect to VMs using Kubernetes networking (services, ingress, and routes)
- Provision storage to VMs using Kubernetes storage (PVC, PV, and storage classes).
- Start, pause, and stop VMs.
- Clone and snapshot VMs.
- Connect VMs to external and extra networks (outside of the Kubernetes pod and service networks).
- Connect VMs to host storage and external storage.
- Ansible management of VMs.
- Create VMs from VM Templates.
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 4 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.