MD-101T00 Managing Modern Desktops
In this course, students will learn how to plan and implement an operating system deployment strategy using modern deployment methods, as well as how to implement an update strategy. Students will be introduced to key components of modern management and co-management strategies. This course also covers what it takes to incorporate Microsoft Intune into your organization. Students will also learn about methods for deployment and management of apps and browser-based applications. Students will be introduced to the key concepts of security in modern management including authentication, identities, access, and compliance policies. Students will be introduced to technologies such Azure Active Directory, Azure Information Protection and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, as well as how to leverage them to protect devices and data.
Plan, develop, and implement an Operating System deployment, upgrade, and update strategy.
Understand the benefits and methods of co-management strategies.
Plan and implement device enrollment and configuration.
Manage and deploy applications and plan a mobile application management strategy.
Manage users and authentication using Azure AD and Active Directory DS.
Describe and implement methods used to protect devices and data.
1 – Modern Management
- The Enterprise Desktop
- Azure AD Overview
- Managing Identities in Azure AD
2 – Device Enrollment
- Manage Device Authentication
- Device Enrollment using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Device Enrollment using Microsoft Intune
3 – Configuring Profiles
- Configuring Device Profiles
- Managing User Profiles
4 – Application Management
- Implement Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Deploying and updating applications
- Administering applications
5 – Managing Authentication in Azure AD
- Protecting Identities in Azure AD
- Enabling Organization Access
- Implement Device Compliance Policies
- Using Reporting
6 – Managing Security
- Implement device data protection
- Managing Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Managing Microsoft Defender in Windows Client
7 – Deployment using Microsoft Endpoint Manager – Part 1
- Assessing Deployment Readiness
- On-Premise Deployment Tools and Strategies
8 – Deployment using Microsoft Endpoint Manager – Part 2
- Deploying New Devices
- Dynamic Deployment Methods
- Planning a Transition to Modern Management
- Managing Virtual Desktops
9 – Managing Updates and Using Analytics
- Updating Windows Clients
- Windows Update for Business
- Desktop Analytics
- Endpoint Analytics
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.