Red Hat OpenShift Development II: Containerizing Applications (DO288)
This course will enhance your understanding of containers as a key technology for configuring and deploying applications and microservices. As the second course in the OpenShift development track, this offering will teach you how to design, build, and deploy containerized software applications to an OpenShift cluster. Whether you’re writing container-native applications or migrating existing brownfield applications, you’ll learn how to boost developer productivity powered by Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform, a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.1.
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to containerize software applications and deploy them to a Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
– These skills allow you to take advantage of a platform and architecture that fosters DevOps principles in your organization.
– Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform provides a self-provisioning environment for developers to deploy their applications using DevOps patterns such as continuous integration and deployment.
1 – DEPLOY AND MANAGE APPLICATIONS ON AN OPENSHIFT CLUSTER
- Deploy an application to an OpenShift Cluster.
2 – DESIGN CONTAINERIZED APPLICATIONS FOR OPENSHIFT
- Build container images with advanced Dockerfile directives.
3 – PUBLISH ENTERPRISE CONTAINER IMAGES
- Create an enterprise registry and allow access to the OpenShift registry.
4 – BUILD APPLICATIONS
- Describe the OpenShift build process and implement post-commit build hooks.
5 – CUSTOMIZE SOURCE-TO-IMAGE BUILDS
- Customize an existing S2I base image.
6 – CREATE APPLICATIONS FROM OPENSHIFT TEMPLATES
- Describe the elements of an OpenShift template and create a multi-container template.
7 – MANAGE APPLICATION DEPLOYMENTS
- Monitor application health and select the appropriate deployment strategy.
8 – MIGRATE APPLICATIONS TO OPENSHIFT
- Integrate external services and migrate applications deployed on Red Hat JBoss Middleware.
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 5 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.