Red Hat Openshift Migration Lab (DO326)
Migrate application workloads, including its Kubernetes resources, data, and container images, when upgrading from OpenShift 3 to 4 or from OpenShift 4.x to the latest version. Red Hat Openshift Migration Lab (DO326) is designed for OpenShift professionals migrating workloads from legacy deployments of OpenShift Container Platform running 3.11 onto a 4.9 installation. Students will gain practical working experience with the Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC) to leverage in real-world migration scenarios.
Assessing OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4 migration scenarios.
Discussion of OpenShift 4 minor version migration scenarios.
Deploying the Migration Toolkit for Containers.
Migrating Persistent Volumes application data between OpenShift clusters.
Migrating application images from the internal registry between OpenShift clusters.
Moving Kubernetes manifests application resources between OpenShift clusters.
Migrating Kubernetes cluster settings between OpenShift clusters.
1 – Planning an OpenShift 3 to 4 migration
- Describe the major considerations when performing an OpenShift 3 to 4 migration project, including alternatives to MTC
2 – Preparing the target cluster for migration
- Replicate source cluster settings on the target cluster if required by the migrated workloads.
3 – Deploying the Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC)
- Deploying the Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC) on the source and target clusters.
4 – Migrating applications using the MTC
- Migrate simple workloads using the Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC) web UI.
5 – Mapping application dependencies and dandling migration issues
- Migrate workloads that require special handling before and after using the MTC.
6 – Automating application migrations using the MTC API and Ansible
- Automate the migration of complex workloads using the MCT API and Ansible
7 – Reducing downtime during a migration process
- Reducing downtime while migrating a workload using data and network traffic migration strategies.
8 – Red Hat OpenShift 3 to 4 migration lab comprehensive review
- Perform an OpenShift 3 to 4 migration using the MCT.
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 3 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.