Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators (RH354)
This course offers a rapid orientation to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 based on the pre-release beta. The offering prepares operators, managers, principal system administrators, and other IT professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for deployments and migrations to the new release.
As a result of attending this course, you will be prepared to work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and take advantage of key new features of the operating system.
1 – PREVIEW RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 8
- Describe the major improvements and feature enhancements in the upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 release.
2 – INSTALL AND UPGRADE TO RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 8
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 or upgrade an existing system from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
3 – PROVISION AND MANAGE SERVERS
- Prepare standardized systems by generating system images for deployment, managing them with remote web-based administration, and automating provisioning with Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles for Red Hat® Ansible Engine.
4 – ADAPT TO CORE SYSTEM CHANGES
- Manage core system components that have had significant changes in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
5 – IMPLEMENT STORAGE USING NEW FEATURES
- Explore the major enhancements in local and remote file system and volume management components.
6 – MANAGE CONTAINERS WITH THE NEW RUNTIME
- Explain the new container runtime engine and tools that replace the Docker container engine.
7 – IMPLEMENT ENHANCED NETWORKING FEATURES
- Describe the major enhancements in network packet processing and network device management.
8 – ADAPT TO VIRTUALIZATION IMPROVEMENTS
- Learn to implement the new features and management tools for virtualization management.
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 4 Days course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.