SQL Querying Fundamentals - Part 1
In this course, students will compose SQL queries to retrieve desired information from a database.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: – connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query. – include a search condition in a simple query. – use various functions to perform calculations on data. – organize data obtained from a query before it is displayed on-screen. – retrieve data from tables. – format an output, save a result, and generate a report.
1 – Executing a Simple Query
- Connect to the SQL Database
- Query a Database
- Save a Query
- Modify a Query
- Execute a Saved Query
2 – Performing a Conditional Search
- Search Using a Simple Condition
- Compare Column Values
- Search Using Multiple Conditions
- Search for a Range of Values and Null Values
- Retrieve Data Based on Patterns
3 – Working with Functions
- Perform Date Calculations
- Calculate Data Using Aggregate Functions
- Manipulate String Values
4 – Organizing Data
- Sort Data
- Rank Data
- Group Data
- Filter Grouped Data
- Summarize Grouped Data
- Use PIVOT and UNPIVOT Operators
5 – Retrieving Data from Tables
- Combine Results of Two Queries
- Compare the Results of Two Queries
- Retrieve Data by Joining Tables
- Check for Unmatched Records
- Retrieve Information from a Single Table Using Joins
6 – Presenting Query Results
- Save the Query Result
- Generate an XML Report
Enroll in this course
Select a start date for your 1 Day course
Questions About This Course?
Need Help Finding The Right Training Solution?
Our training advisors are here for you.